Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,772   Online: 995

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Cyanotypes on Glass

Is it possible?

I've done plenty of Cyanotypes on various papers and love the process. I was wondering if anyone had ever produced a Cyanotype on glass plates; what would I need to make the solution stick to the glass? I Only have a short period of time to produce a working print and was wondering what primer / subbing would work best to 'stick' the solution to the surface.

I, at first, thought this would be a simple case of using Albumen or Subbing Solution after cleaning the glass with alcohol (to remove grease.) After careful consideration I've lost hope in my ideas. Would I need to mix some sort of adhesive into the sensitizing solution? If so, what? Would I be able to wash the excess off afterwards if I did? What could I use that wouldn't 'harm' my chemistry? etc etc .

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
    Kenz

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome to APUG!

Here is one earlier thread which discusses what you want to do: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum42/2...ype-glass.html

I've only done cyanotypes on paper, so I can't be of further help, but I hope this helps you a bit.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Did you just expose me as a lazy ass?

Thank you

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    No worries, just glad if I can help along a bit.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin