Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,652   Online: 726

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    wet it a little then shake it off....I think Kerik taught me that..
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have never used this brush myself, so perhaps I just don't belong to the enlightened ones...
    But I use other brushes of apparently the same kind, (from DaVinci, for instance) in the same way, and they behave in just the same way. Every process, every paper, every brush needs some adjustment, of course.

I just don't believe - it runs counter my whole experience in alternative printing - that there is one product which is such a magic bullet, even though this brush may be a very good tool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas Werth View Post
    ... I just don't believe - it runs counter my whole experience in alternative printing - that there is one product which is such a magic bullet, even though this brush may be a very good tool.
    This is probably true, but it sure makes life easier to skip a lot of trial and error by piggybacking on the experience of others. The trick there is to find things like this that are commonly agreed upon by a consensus of other users. Otherwise, you'll be awash in a sea of one-off favorites. That is the problem with looking for info on the web in general - somewhere, for instance, there is probably someone who swears by a 4" house painting brush from Sherwin-Williams ... and I'm sure it works for that person, but I'll go with the Richeson brush this time

Nathan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If we could explain it, it wouldn't be a magic brush...
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Lukas,

I have a DaVinci in addition to several Richesons. The DaVinci is close, but the bristles aren't quite as fine and the pad of bristles is thicker. Also, it has a very short handle compared to the Magic brush that I find a little less comfortable to use. My recollection is that it was a little bit cheaper, but not much. The DaVinci is OK and obviously works well for you, but I find the Richeson better for the reasons stated. One more thing - at the time I got the DaVinci, it wasn't available in a 4" version.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik View Post
    Lukas,

I have a DaVinci in addition to several Richesons. The DaVinci is close, but the bristles aren't quite as fine and the pad of bristles is thicker. Also, it has a very short handle compared to the Magic brush that I find a little less comfortable to use. My recollection is that it was a little bit cheaper, but not much. The DaVinci is OK and obviously works well for you, but I find the Richeson better for the reasons stated. One more thing - at the time I got the DaVinci, it wasn't available in a 4" version.
    Okay, okay, maybe I am also going to try it once - if only to see what is in it. Wouldn't be the first time in alt printing that something comes to me as a surprise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas Werth View Post
    Okay, okay, maybe I am also going to try it once - if only to see what is in it.
    I too was a non-believer Lukas. I tried many others thinking they were fine. Then I got the real thing and the others went in the trash.

Enjoy,

Bill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin