Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,751   Online: 984

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    ok I have light hung and unity appears ready... I have coated a sheet of Bergger cot 320 with a brush(looks pretty good, some uneveness noted on this first attemp). How long will the coated paper be stable if keep in a light tight safebox? I'm hoping for about 24 hrs because I got some emergencies to attend to before making the first exposure. Also , does anyone know about the settings for the light sensor unit?

Miles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It will keep for 24+ hours. You'll want to re-humidify it though, before printing, especially at this time of year.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ok! so This is the 2nd step tablet image (I was sooooo.. excited I threw the closest negative I could find with it). The 1st step tablet was under exposed by what looked like 2 steps ( after coating and drying I cut the paper in 3rds to make 3 seperate exposures). For the second exposure (this one I uploaded today in the gallery titled "EXCITED!)) I cranked in another 100 units into the light integrator and this what I got. I know that the brushing on this first coating I've done sucks but oh,well the next will be better. I used drops, 6,6,1(NA2 20%), done on Bergger cot 320. The step tablet indicates range between 1.35-1.40. The Nuarc VFC43 can cook but with like integrator it is very easy to keep under control. If your there Sandy,Miller, JPL, Theflyingcamera ,et al. I did push the 6000 watt button this a.m. about 4:50 and ran out the exposure booth we built around the thing and went outside and oh yeah it lit up the place ! My dog was out taking a crap and it stopped her and two early morning passers-by on the road a 300yrds away ! To quote Forrest Gump, "thats all I'm gonna say about that". Now that I've broken the ice I am relieved and ready to really learn how to make meaniful images with what I have named "The Nug's Lighthouse" . Thanks guys for the humor that made the frustration of getting up and running less painful ! I'm sure as I get further down the road you'll see my dire request for help.....

Miles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Miles, Soo funny. Thanks for a laugh to start today. I am happy that things are working out for you.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Images
    If you would have caught a cat having a dump, it would have had a heart attack.

This has been an interesting thread to follow.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for this last post Miles, that explains my alarm clock, VCR timer and other grid connected timers were of this morning.

jan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin