Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,801   Online: 1142

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Clearing Gum Over Pt/PD

Just curious. Do those of you that do gum over your pt/pd prints clear them in sodium or potassium metabisulfite after you've completed you layers?

I've never done this or read about this in relation to gum over printing so I thought I would ask.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There were no responses to this post so I thought I would come back and make my observations that I did clear my prints and would recommend that it be done so as I was able to make sure the highlights were snow white.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Jeremy - I didn't see this the first time around. Yes, I routinely clear my gumovers in potassium metabisulfite to get rid of any residual dichromate stain (didn't I send you a PDF of my gumover manual?). That said, dichromate stain seems to be a function of your water supply or some other local variable(s). I never get it and don't see any visible difference after clearing, but I clear anyway just to be sure. Other gumoverists I know in Houston and Santa Fe get the stain routinely.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Kerik.... a Gum over PDF? is this something you are selling? Id love to see it if possible... or if for sale etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kerik

You got me interested in the PDF as well. Is it freely available?

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I think if it were free, it'd be available on www.kerik.com. I would pay for the PDF as well, but I think it's primarily for those who have been fortunate enough to take his workshop.
    Neal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    another name to "the list" of those interested in a Kerik PDF. Gladly pay as well...though I think Neal is correct!!
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oops, well... Thanks for the interest, but the gumover manual is small and is really intended to be used in conjunction with a workshop, not as a stand-alone document.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin