Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,564   Online: 761

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the same problem. After reading this thread I mixed a modified version of Wynn White VDB solution, with 20% more tartaric acid and a little bit more water:
    A 40ml H2O 9g FAC, B 40ml H2O 1.8g TA, C 40ml H2O 3,8g SN.
    and again I have the same white precipitate.
    Please, can you tell me how much tartaric acid you added to the solution?
    Thank you
    fabiano

Shooter
    Large Format
    Fabiano,

I added quite a bit of Tartaric Acid, maybe 2.5g. I just kept adding .5g of the acid, stirring, and waiting for 10 to 15 minutes. As I recall it took five rounds to dissolve everything.

For what it is worth I made two batches; one which I added Tartaric Acid, and the other which I just filtered. Both work identically.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JG Motamedi View Post
    I added some tartaric acid to the mess and the precipitate went back to solution. It seems to print about the same as it did before adding the acid.

Many thanks for advice and help.
    Adding acid to the solution usually clears up the precipitate. So long as you add just enough to clear the solution there should be no change in printing characteristics.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for your answer. This morning I added 1g TA to my modified solution and this eliminate almost half of the precipitate. I added 1g more and there was no more precipitate, but the solution was still milky and opaque. I tried with 0.5g more but it does not became transparent.
    This morning I print something. It is washing thus I have to wait to give a final judgment, but I fell the new solution with much more TA is much slower, a little bit grainy and high contrast. A big difference is that it develop much more than the standard solution.
    I have the feeling I prefear this solution more than the standard one.
    I will run more serious test to adjust the amount of TA and I'll post my results here.
    Thank you again
    Fabiano

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin