Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,730   Posts: 1,515,254   Online: 838

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oh...and if you happen to get Kevin on the phone, make sure you have a comfortable chair nearby.

You're gonna be on the phone for a while.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Okay, from the response I guess this was like asking if I can safely buy camera gear from B&H or if they're one of those new york bait 'n switch operations. Forgive me my ignorance, I'm an alternative processes virgin.

I put in my order; van dyke & cyanotype stuff should be coming my way soon and I can put my expensive blacklight bulbs to use. Hurray.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Have any of you ordered from them? I'm pretty close to doing so, but want to hear if they are a reputable company first.
    Certainly, in my experience.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Just THE BEST !!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    Okay, from the response I guess this was like asking if I can safely buy camera gear from B&H or if they're one of those new york bait 'n switch operations. Forgive me my ignorance, I'm an alternative processes virgin.

I put in my order; van dyke & cyanotype stuff should be coming my way soon and I can put my expensive blacklight bulbs to use. Hurray.
    You absolutely will not be disappointed.
    They are very nice people and sell great products.
    Have fun with it. Alt processes are very rewarding.
    Regards,
    Tom

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

B+S

They are without a doubt one of the outstanding upholders of traditional/alternate photography in the world. (Kevin likes to talk?) But seriously a great bunch of folks who have done their homework AND can usually come up with answers to problems you are having. I say give 'em a try.
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Walter,

No don't do it. They are the worst, no help, bad service and the chemistry is well??? Ok with that being said, I feel better. Melody and Dick ok where do I start over 25 years ago. Some of the best friends I have had for years.

If you get started you may want to think about coming to Santa Fe, NM this summer for APIS. One of the best time I/we my wife included have ever spent. Oh I forgot, we help put it on and have for since 1999.. It is a lot of fun, anda lot of people to work off of.

Jan Pietrzak
    see you all in Santa Fe

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What's APIS? I googled it, but I imagine it's got nothing to do with Application Programming Interfaces or the Advanced Papyrological Information System.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Go to the Bostick-Sullivan website, and there's a link to APIS info on the front page--

"3 days of photo lectures, demos and events in scenic Santa Fe, New Mexico. APIS is a part of Photoarts Santa Fe 2007"
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been doing business with them since 1983 or '84 (can't remember with certainty that far back). Impeccable reputations, Kevin & Dana & Melodie are encyclopedias of AUTHENTIC knowledge and experience. They are the gold standard ( and platinum and palladium and....)

Russ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin