Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,065   Posts: 1,611,708   Online: 903

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Improving cd music with platin print

Is there a way to print my cd as a picture and improve it with platinum print and than listen with a photodiode or a scanner ? If I am not wrong platinum adds 100 times more tones to the print . How does it happen ?
    How 10 tones turn to xxx tones ?
    I researched but not find the answer. Do recording my cd on to the reel to reel tape improve the sound like platinum print ?

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

I don't know much about platinum printing, but remember that with any printing process you're taking a really rich recording medium (a negative) and compressing it down to a print medium that has intrinsically less lattitude. I suppose that a printing process with more lattitude would capture more of the detail in the original negative. So it's not so much a matter of pulling non-existant information out of your negative as much as getting more of the existing information transferred.

In the matter of digital negative printing, I guess you could argue that the look (and archival stability) of Pt/Pd prints so far can't be matched by inkjet output; it's not necessarily about creating information from the void.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin