Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,475   Online: 965

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    a chelation agent which is very useful if you're doing iron based alternative processes such as Pt/Pd, Kallitype, Vandyke, Agryrotype, New Chrysotype. It's commonly used as the primary "acidic" clearing bath (at 2-5% strenght). Na4 EDTA is/may be used later as secondary alkaline clearing bath (often mixing it with 2-5% Sodium Sulfite). You need an acidic first clearing bath with iron processes.
    Loris, do you use EDTA in place of Citric Acid for initial clearing baths with VDB and Kallitypes? Is there a noticable difference on how they both clear or in the resulting prints?

thanks
    david

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I personally use EDTA only with New Chrysotypes and/or Ziatypes. Never used it with Kallitype and/or Vandyke (only citric acid and plain sodium sulfite) - not because I think it's bad; I just haven't bothered... I believe it's a good practice to use Na4EDTA + Sodium Sulfite as the last clearing bath / before final wash - especially for prints you're going to sell or give someone as gift.

Regards,
    Loris.

Quote Originally Posted by davido View Post
    Loris, do you use EDTA in place of Citric Acid for initial clearing baths with VDB and Kallitypes? Is there a noticable difference on how they both clear or in the resulting prints?

thanks
    david

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loris Medici View Post
    Kalimera Yorgos,

See:
    Bereket Kimya, http://www.bereketkimya.com/iletisim.html
    (The picture on top, it's very close to Galata Bridge)
    For buying chemical compounds in Istanbul. Right next to Bereket Kimya there's another store for chemicals: Balmumcu Kimya.

Yassou,
    Loris.

P.S. Do not mix it all in once, mix fresh before each session.
    Now, that's one (more) good reason for me to travel to Istanbul...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou View Post
    Now, that's one (more) good reason for me to travel to Istanbul...
    Another landmark for you - in order to let you find the place more easily: the big L shape building (labeled: Misir Carsisi) on lower left corner is the "Spice Bazaar".

Regards,
    Loris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin