Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,268   Online: 887

Shooter
    35mm

Rapidograph Paper

Has anybody else tried Rapidograph Paper "for pen and watercolor wash" from Koh-i-noor?

I purchase a pad (9x12in) on a lark, and tried it for cyanotype with pleasing results. The pad states it is "nuetral pH rated" whatever that means these days .

It seems to take the emulsion well, and is very sturdy.

Has anybody used it with Pt/Pd or other process?
    Last edited by JBrunner; 04-20-2007 at 06:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Really, nobody has tried this paper, or knows anything about it?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've used Clearprint vellum, and you had better have that *really* well taped down when you go to coat it, or you'll get a really pretty straw. Sorry I don't have any other info...

- R

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sorry, just re-read the original post. I would assume that 'neutral pH' means that it is a buffered paper for what it's worth...

- Randy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have not tried that one (have never seen or heard of it before), but I've tried MANY vellum papers for pt/pd printing. Neutral pH would indicate a pH in the range of 7.0. This is more desirable for the iron-based processes (cyan, kallitype, pt/pd, etc) than a buffered paper that will typically have a pH of greater than 7.0 which is NOT a good thing for these processes.

So, tell us more: where did you get it? what does it look like? does it come in larger sizes? is it a vellum or is it a thicker paper? A quick googling didn't turn up much.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin