Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,557   Online: 1034

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

nomenclature
    That is what we are talking about here.

Corey

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Are there any pages on the net to do with cross processing past, that could use as citations?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak had, at one time, a great deal about it in manuals and books. It was uesed as noted here, by some big compaines such as Nat. Geog. and Time/Life for assignments.

This should be around somewhere. I have a text on it, once published by EK, but I cannot locate it right now. It is on special effects in color and includes a hefty amount on cross processing.

There is also a textbook from the 60s that describes the cross processing of Ektachrome Infra Red for some unique special effects.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It took me a while, but I have finally put all of my books on the subject together. This list contains all of the books I have on special effects in photography, and cross processing is only a small part of any individual book. But they are a good reference.

1. Creative Darkroom Techniques, Kodak Book AG-18 Cat 142 2211 (hardcover 292 pages - 1973, first edition)

2. Creating Special Effects - The Kodak Library of Creative Photography, Time Life Books Cat 127 1410 (harcover 104 pages)

3. Focus on Special Effects, Done and Marie Carrol, Amphoto books (hardcover 184 pages)

4. Special Effects, Petersen's Complete Library of Photography (hardcover 80 pages)

5. The Book of Special Effects Photography, Michael Langford, Knopf 1981 (hardcover 168 pages)

Of these, 1 and 5 are IMHO the best. The latter contains examples of IR Ektachrome cross processed and includes a print of this on the cover that is stunning!

It may not be history, but the books sure are full of good information.

PE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin