Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,249   Posts: 1,680,357   Online: 921

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

History of Cross Processing?

Is there one, were there early pioneers who started doing this back in the 60's or 70's, was it discovered by mistake? Are there famous early photographers who were the first to really start doing it artistically, because I can't find anything about the history of Cross processing on Google or Wikipedia.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I can remember doing "cross processing" of E-6 slide film in C-41 chemistry back in the early 1980's., for a doctor client that shot title cards...black type on white (I think), and when cross processed (by me) in C-41 they appeared as white type on a nice deep blue background. That was my first experience with it, and I was informed of it by the doctor who had, I guess, read about it somewhere, and decided to try it. It was black type on something, I never really saw the originals, so it might have not been white.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak published instructions and precautions for E4 in C22 long ago. The National Geographic pictures of Alan Shepard were taken on HS Ektachrome and pushed in C22. They were then masked and corrected for printing in Life magazine and NatGeog.

This was well known in the early 60s.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

History of Cross Processing?

Is there one, were there early pioneers who started doing this back in the 60's or 70's, was it discovered by mistake? Are there famous early photographers who were the first to really start doing it artistically, because I can't find anything about the history of Cross processing on Google or Wikipedia.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I was first aware of cross processing ... E6 in C41 dev or colour neg in E6 developer ... as an artistic workflow for photographers in the mid 80's .
    I think both methods were a mistake of wrong film in wrong developer and someone seeing something great and moving forward with the mistake.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Isn't this a repeat thread? There is one idential to this started earlier.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah, oops please someone close this one!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Threads have been merged

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    years ago,(before e6?) crossproccessing was used for some forms of copy work where contrast was important and colour and some tone was also needed -- maps, and shots of colour line art.

Images
    As a young lad, I realized that I just felt more comfortable in Ladies clothing.

D'oh! I mis-read the thread title.
    Boy is that embarrassing.

That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin