Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,405   Online: 830

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    oh, give me a break guys...they don't realy mean it looks like silver so, gee whiz, why did I even bother with a platinum...good grief..I should have printed it on azo...duh....

Lot's of folks printing platinum wane over the ability to make blacks 'just like silver'.....and make claims of the such....

I've seen several of M & P's new platinum prints in person...pretty neat on the thin paper. I can hardly imagine putting the thin paper through developers, clearing etc. and not ruining a few sheets in the process...so how do they look? Great. But to each his own...I think some prints are meant for plat, some for palad., some for silver...Yes, it's pretty neat seeing one printed that big. But would I buy one? Or you? Hey, it's art..to each his own.

I have also seen other fantastic platinum prints, including Dick's and others...just saw his work at SCC last week. 90% were taken with a DIGITAL Hasselblad....btw.....and then digital negs were made....ony two prints were in camera negs.

There are quite a few great plat. printers out there. I don't know anyone that has an 'exlcusive' on the process. But imo, if the image sucks, it doesn't matter what its printed on....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Peters View Post
    Lot's of folks printing platinum wane over the ability to make blacks 'just like silver'.....and make claims of the such....
    Most folks printing platinum could give a rat's ass about making blacks just like silver. Those who do should consider a different medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Peters View Post
    But imo, if the image sucks, it doesn't matter what its printed on....
    Amen to that!
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Couldn't agree more! .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik View Post
    Most folks printing platinum could give a rat's ass about making blacks just like silver.
    And a big AMEN to that!

BTW.. I watched 2 of the GT prints made by Salto fly off the wall at AIPAD for $15,000 each.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    BTW.. I watched 2 of the GT prints made by Salto fly off the wall at AIPAD for $15,000 each.
    I presume you mean George Tice? If so, I wonder how much of the 15K is because it's Tice relative to the way they were printed...
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerik View Post
    I presume you mean George Tice? If so, I wonder how much of the 15K is because it's Tice relative to the way they were printed...

Let's find out.

from After IMage

Petit's Mobil Station, Cherry Hill, N.J., 1974

* 8 x 10 inch print, matted to 14 x 17: $4,800.00
    * 11 x 14 inch print, matted to 16 x 20: $7,200.00
    * 16 x 20 inch print, matted to 22 x 28: $12,000.00
    * 8 x 10 inch hand-coated platinum/palladium print: $7,200.00

the 20x24 Salto Platinum is $20,000 for prints 11-20 of 30 and $25000 for prints 21-30 of 30. It appears that more than 10 of these have already sold.

You can check http://www.afterimagegallery.com/ticeprices.htm for more info.

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    gee I'm in the wrong buisness...

Miles

The guys at Salto are doing some fantastic work, and some really gigantic work in Platinum and Palladium! 4 foot by 6 foot Pt/Pd anyone??? Talk about incredible....

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    The guys at Salto are doing some fantastic work, and some really gigantic work in Platinum and Palladium! 4 foot by 6 foot Pt/Pd anyone???
    Just wondering how the cost of chemicals would work out ?!!
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cost of chemicals is one thing, i would to know what kind of floor mop they use to coat the paper:rolleyes:

jan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin