Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,537   Online: 955

I am wanting to contact anyone who has tried painting photochemicals onto black and white paper to produce colours.

In particular i am looking for a copy of Scientific American November 1991
    It had an article by Dominic Lam on Chromoskedasic Painting

Can anyone help????

Polli

dawntreaderbus@yahoo.com

I have tried the chromoskedasic pseudosolarization process, which uses various color processing chemicals, but I was not pleased with the results. William Jolly published a couple of articles about the process in Darkroom and Creative Camera Techniques magazine a number of years ago, which is where I heard about it. He claimed it worked best on RC papers, which I refuse to use.

You should be able to find the Scientific American article in any large library collection.

I located the magazine with William Jolly's first article on chromoskedasic duotone pseudosolarization: November/December 1992, page 30. He refers to an article in the November 1991 issue of Scientific American by Dominic Lam and Bryant Rossiter, stating: "The method involves the application of Kodak S2 Activator (a dilute potassium hydroxide solution), Kodak Ektamatic S30 Stabilizer (an acetate-buffered thiocyanate solution), and Dektol to the resin-coated papers, Kodak Polycontrast III RC F and Kodabrome. The colors are due to extremely finely divided silver particles in the photographic emulsions." Jolly worked out a method of using the chemicals to make duotone prints that look as if they are solarized. He published another article in a later issue expanding on his first one.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin