Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,344   Online: 1017

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Fuji-roid emulsion transfer- adhesion problem

I have been able to get very good and reliable emulsion separation from Fuji fp100c instant film, the emulsion is nice and thick and not at all fragile.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...house-lift.jpg

But... the emulsion doesn't adhere well to paper and tends to peel off as it dries. Some edge peeling looks nice but ultimately one wants something with some permanence!

Any ideas? One thought I had was to hang the emulsion 'til it is completely dry and then drop it (artistically!) onto a gluey surface, but I'm not sure which glues are best for this. I think if I overcoated the emulsion on paper I'd have a bunch of bubbles. The emulsion is so thick and durable, I could actually dry mount it or something, but then it would be very flat and lifeless... my goal with these things is to convey some of the transparency whilst anchoring the thing firmly enough to mat & frame it.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try sizing the paper you are going to try adhering the lift to.

Sometimes the sizing acts like a glue (it really is) and that would probably help.

PE

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i have tried just about everything with this film.
    it lifts easily which was a delight, but won't adhere , which is not a delight.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin