Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,277   Online: 823

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

platinum printing

i have nearly finished making my light box for alternative processes. i have made it out of thin gauge steel 28inx18in with 12 uv tubes and digi ballasts my question is in making the contact frame to slide in and out to hold the paper and neg my understanding is glass stops uv light so is it possible to use thin perspex or accrillic(spelling) or can i buy special glass thanks in advance ,wayne

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    There are certainly more knowledgeable people than me, but my understanding is that almost any glass is ok, just so long as it's thick enough to withstand the pressure from the printing frame sprung back. (smooth ground edges are a plus too)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wayne,

You don't need any special glass for this purpose. Acrylic/Perspex is likely to be too flexible and make it difficult to get good contact. Also, it scratches easily.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ok glass it is then, cant wait to have a go and thanks for your help

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin