Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,715   Online: 835

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Suggestions for bromide printers for carbro?

Does anybody have any suggestions for a photo paper to use as the bromide printer for carbro printing? I know Sandy King used Kodak Polycontrast III, but, since that is no longer available...
    What is needed is a paper with little or no super-coating. Does anybody make one?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semeuse View Post
    Does anybody have any suggestions for a photo paper to use as the bromide printer for carbro printing? I know Sandy King used Kodak Polycontrast III, but, since that is no longer available...
    What is needed is a paper with little or no super-coating. Does anybody make one?
    Contact Mirko at Fotoimpex. I think Forte made some paper with no super-coating and he had some of it for sale as late at the APUG conference last May when I spoke to him about it. John at JandC offered to get some of this for me to use as final support for carbon prints but events did not see this happen.

The paper that David Lewis sells for bromoil does not have any super coating either, or at least I believe that is so.

I personally quit making carbro prints some 8-10 years ago and now make only carbons.

Sandy King

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I suggest that you contact Mac McCowan in Idyllwild, California. He should be able to give you some advice.

http://www.carbromac.com/bio.php

Best regards, Markus Albertz

Quote Originally Posted by semeuse View Post

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Sandy and Markus for the suggestions. I have contacted both Mirko and Mac.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin