Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,550   Online: 909

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If I double coat the second coating is brushed on as soon as the first coat is dry to the touch. I apply the second coat, aim a fan on it for a minute while the print is flat, then hang to dry with air directed from the fan. I always begin to print at 15 minutes from the end of the second coat, and keep the RH in the work room at 55% to 65%.

Clearing prints that have been double coated can be more difficult than single coated ones. It helps if you hit the print with a blast of warm air from a hair dryer as soon as the first and second coating go on the print. This will keep the emulsion on the surface of the paper.

My comments here apply to both kallitype and palladium since except for certain steeps the chemistry and development procedures are identical.

Sandy King

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thanks everyone for the clarifications, very helpful. Lots of new stuff to try out.

Jim, yeah, I made a 5x12 last year, what a great format! I really like the size for contact prints.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin