Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,651   Online: 863

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I forgot to add that I find 6x9 negs quite nice for postcards with an appropriate amount of white border around the negative/sensitised area. I have a bunch I have to send out to my family.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I use a Ikonta 6x9 as a travel camera and make little postcards with it. I works OK, but as mentioned before the composition will need to be simplified. I feel this way about my 5x7 as well!

A Clack, now that's an interesting camera...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmonoid View Post
    I use a Ikonta 6x9 as a travel camera and make little postcards with it. I works OK, but as mentioned before the composition will need to be simplified. I feel this way about my 5x7 as well!

A Clack, now that's an interesting camera...
    Calling it at Camera might be pushing it a bit
    Its Called Clack because thats the sound the shutter makes and its just a fixed focus bakelite holga. The filmplane is curved to make for the fieldcurvature of the singleelement GLASlens. It has two shutterspeeds 1/30sec and bulb, two Apertures and a kind of closefocus lens which is replsed by a yellow filter on some models. there is a later 6X6 model called Click II.
    Kind regards
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Go for the 6x9 contacts. You have received good advice so far. A contact print that size is a very personal experience, it's just you and the photograph, so as one person pointed out, they composition must be appropriate for the size. If you are just starting with alt processes, cyanotype is probably the easiest (and least expensive) to start.

Should you consider the digital (gasp) negative, the hybrid photo site, an offshoot of this site is full of good information and people as nice as you will find here.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If Ole doesn't find his 6.5x9 printing frame I also got one, for the postage. I've used it for 6x6 cyanotypes... now that's small.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin