Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,997   Online: 793

Shooter
    8x10 Format

8x20 pl/pd right mixture amount.

I usually use a 8x10 camera, butnow I have also a 8x20 camera, and I would like to take some photos to print in Pl/Pd.
    I know my right amount of mixture for 8x10 but I don't know how many solutions(A+PL/PD+NA2)I should use for this format?
    Thanks

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photo8x10 View Post
    I usually use a 8x10 camera, butnow I have also a 8x20 camera, and I would like to take some photos to print in Pl/Pd.
    I know my right amount of mixture for 8x10 but I don't know how many solutions(A+PL/PD+NA2)I should use for this format?
    Thanks

Stefano
    The total amount of solution you need will vary somewhat by paper. The average, however, would be about 4ml of combined solution for an image area of 8X20". One-half of that would be FO, the other half woud be palladium plus Na2. How much Na2 is determined primarily by the contrast of your negative, but also by paper. For a guide see the chart on Dick Arentz's web site.

Sandy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Now that you are doing ULF do yourself a favor and order some pipettes. You'll never count drops again. But if you don't have pipettes and you know your amounts for 8x10 then all you need to do is double that for 8x20. But 4 ml is a good starting point for 8x20 depending on the paper you are using.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks a lot for you advices,
    I'll buy some pipettes to use the amounts of the soluzions, as paper I usually use Bergger COT-320.
    I'll try with 4ml as start point.

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin