Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,484   Posts: 1,644,634   Online: 1080

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cyanotypes

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's ferric oxalate, not ferric ammonium oxalate? How much do I use in 100 ml of solution?

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    I first read this thread last year sometime and thought I'd conduct my own little experiment, for over a year now I have had a tea toned Cyanotype on a sunny window cill. It hasn't faded one bit.

Jim
    There are only three things in life worth doing, art food and work, the order is merely alphabetical and if you can combine the first and the last ............

---------------------------------------------
    Toned Cyanotypes for sale
    http://www.jrbham.btinternet.co.uk/index.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the update!

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Dear PS, alas I have found this to be very true, someone writes about some process or other and makes various statements, these are then taken as gospel and repeated by everyone else. I have tried various processes and always found it best to say nothing and conduct my own experiments.

Perhaps I have gone over the top writing this, but, well, you've got to say something at some time haven't you (hastily paraphrasing Mandy Rice-Davies)

Jim
    There are only three things in life worth doing, art food and work, the order is merely alphabetical and if you can combine the first and the last ............

---------------------------------------------
    Toned Cyanotypes for sale
    http://www.jrbham.btinternet.co.uk/index.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Just what is considered an "Archival" cyanotype?

I have two images which I bought many years ago. They are cyanotypes made in 1887 and are still beautiful with no bleaching apparent, I doubt that thay had very good care prior to m purchase, and they have been displayed on various walls in my home for at least 30 years.

Back to the original question, I have used and like Dr. Ware's method, but most often use the original method when making cyanotypes.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin