Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,430   Online: 780

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Pd printing on silk?

I was in China recently and picked up some reasonably inexpensive silk to try printing on. Any advice on coating, etc? I'll probably start playing with cyanotype to get the hang of coating it.

Thanks -- Mark

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You MAY need to coat a substrate on the silk first, because the weave MAY be too loose and suck up too much of your emulsion. Or you may need to double-coat. Experimentation will be your best guide.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Someone who found me on flickr does some amazing stuff with cyanotype on silk.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/70596939@N00/ I really love the look of cyanotype on red fabric or paper because of her work. Need to find some red paper sometime to try it out. Also like the "misty" look she does for some of cyanotype photoprints.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I suggest you email Gerhard Bock. He is a VERY talented pt/pd printer and has done a fair amount of work printing on silk. Go to his website and email him.

http://www.gerhardbock.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin