Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,783   Posts: 1,671,230   Online: 919

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Referring to Luis Nadeau's Encyclopedia, there are several processes that resemble what has been described here: Relief photographs set with plaster or wax, frequently hand coloured. At this time I haven't any details regarding the "how to", but I'm hoping to hear back from Luis soon (if anybody knows, it's him)
    - Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi All,
    My first post, hope this thread is still alive.
    Many years ago someone who ran a charity shop showed me a couple of "prints".
    They were relief prints on metal. both portraits, had never seen the like before.
    I took photographs of both back and front. One of the prints was damaged and there appeared to be plaster under the metal surface.
    I asked many people about them but got no answer.
    On the back was the word "PIRIM" and between these large letters it said "Portraits in relief in metal"
    the address was given as "40 Pall Mall, London SW1" also Patent numbers 397798-418268.
    The reason for me posting this now, is that I was searching through an old back up drive, and came across the image,
    I decided to Google about and this thread popped up.

Keith Dugdale.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    here's a newspaper article on the process
    when they opened up their north american headquarters

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...pg=5604,499901

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin