Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,983   Online: 733

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Pd printing - powder chems, what amounts per vol ? and other questions ;)

Hello - I'm getting back into Pd printing and want to order chems in dry packs so I can mix them when i want, I'm also trying to keep things local. A few things I need to know though - any help appreciated:

What are the full chemical names/formulas for the following developers:

Sodium/Ammonium/Potassium Citrate
    Potassium Oxalate
    Sodium Acetate

(the local supply here has a few different versions with subtle name changes) ...

What amount in weight would I need per volume of water to make working solutions ?

Any recommendations for Pd-only printing ? (I personally like the warm tones)

Ferric Oxalate and Potassium Chlorate, again>> What amount in weight would I need per volume of water to make working solutions (both1&2) ?

Pd powder (http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/cart...539&quantity=5) - once again >> What amount in weight would I need per volume of water to make a working solution ?

If there is any standard weight/volume equivalency for any of these chems it would be appreciated also - that way I wouldn't have to buy scales

any help appreciated !

thanks,
    nick
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    for Pd only, go with the Potassium Oxalate. You'll get much nicer creamy tones with it. Keep it very warm when you're printing and you'll get warmer tones in your finished prints.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    All formula there:
    http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/techart.php
    or on my web site for few of them

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin