Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,388   Online: 1037

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Thanks Sandy and Robert for the clarification. I got it in my garage now and need to find a place to put it so i can start using it.
    Are there any notable change in sharpness between the tubes and the point light source?

Thanks again.
    If you have been printing with a contact printing frame with your bank of BL tubes it is possible, maybe even probable, that you will see more sharpness with the NuArc. However, if you have been printing with a vacuum easel with the BL bank, results with the NuArc probably won't look any sharper.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While we're on the subject of 26-1K's, anybody have a source for bulbs where the price that doesn't involve parts of the anatomy?

erie

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    erie, Atlanta Light bulbs has replacement bulbs for 42.00

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sandy, Yes BL tubes and a contact frame.
    It was actaully not so much the contact frame i thought would make a difference but the point light source. Thanks.

Thank you Robert for the heads up on light bulbs.

jan

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have now had a chance to print with the new to me Nuarc 26-1kS and i must say that it is worth every penny i paid for it.
    A print (Pt/Pd) that took me 18 minutes to expose under my 8 BL tubes can now be exposed in 3 minutes and 50 seconds. Perhaps the Metal Halide is more efficient than the Mercury Vapor in the older K1 units? just a thought.
    The Nuarc also seems to make a more distinkt difference with more or less Na2 in the coating. The vacum frame is pure joy to use.

jan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Have now had a chance to print with the new to me Nuarc 26-1kS and i must say that it is worth every penny i paid for it.
    A print (Pt/Pd) that took me 18 minutes to expose under my 8 BL tubes can now be exposed in 3 minutes and 50 seconds. Perhaps the Metal Halide is more efficient than the Mercury Vapor in the older K1 units? just a thought.
    The Nuarc also seems to make a more distinkt difference with more or less Na2 in the coating. The vacum frame is pure joy to use.

jan
    I am glad you got the times down, but your experience with the very long times with the BL bank is not typical. More typical is that Nuarc 26-1k and and 26-1ks do not print as fast as BL banks. My times for pt./pd. with a BLB bank are about four minutes, and were slightly longer with the Nuarc 26-ik, which I was using with the Ushio metal halide lamp.

However, the vacuum frame, in combination with the collimated light source, makes printing very simple, and should give you sharper results.

Sandy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin