Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,358   Online: 812

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Which chemicals stay at paper at ptpd + use it as printer ink

Which chemicals stay at the paper after all chemical treatments at pt pd printing process ? And can we use this chemical in paper as printer ink ?

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    palladium and platinum metals.

People have discussed the possibility that it would be possible to load a printer with the proper solutions to get a print using very small quantities of solutions. I don't think anyone has tried it, though, or at least I have not seen any prints done that way.

---Michael
    www.mutmansky.com
    B&W photography in Silver, Palladium, and gum bichromate.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    yeh, the amount of chems required to fill up the printer cart to get a good print is a heap of $$$ - and you still only get the printer resolution ...

Interesting idea though
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post
    yeh, the amount of chems required to fill up the printer cart to get a good print is a heap of $$$ - and you still only get the printer resolution ...

Interesting idea though
    Sure it's expensive to initially fill the print cartridge, but question is will the printer use the solution more efficiently and produce more prints?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Printer resolution .. How we can improve it ? I have some ideas , there are two technologies at printer business if i m not wrong
    First , pixel technology , if i m not wrong , printer can print a dot with different shades and sizes. I am understanding different dot size but it is hard to understand how printer print different shades ? if i m not wrong , it uses different amount of ink per same size dot and this makes the shades.
    And there are four different tones black and white inks.
    There are 3 necessary things
    First , tone of the grey ink could be controlled
    This can be done with multipass for each prepared ink tone , maybe 20 times or more , with a fast printer its easy.
    Second , sharpness or blur of the dot could be controlled.
    This can be done with printing different size microlenses on printed paper with for example transparent silicon polymer with uv cured formula.
    This invention is interesting , For example you have nikon lens and you want to have leica , with microlenses on nikon printing , you are closing to leica.
    This is similar to holography , zone plate , or phase plate technology but easier ?
    Third , ink spectrum might be equivalent of pt or pd.
    This is chemists business but may be researched before.
    For color , inks could be transparent and one color could be printed with different layers of transparent pantone colors.
    I will write more ,

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If it is not broke then why fix it? What's wrong with the way PT/Pd prints are being produced now. Just go buy the size camera that will shoot the size you want to print. Hell the price it will cost to fill the cartidges for Pt/Pd printing just one time will probably pay for a really nice ULF camera. Plus it contributes to keeping film alive. Nothing like forking out the big bucks for ULF film to make a nice contribution to the cause.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin