Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,169   Online: 802

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

New to Lith - Very confused.

I am wanting to experiment with lith printing and do not just want my photographs to look JUST toned (ie: sepia/selenium) I am interested in the multi color as well as the texture etc with the rich blacks.

I have Tim Rudman's books and each time I come up with a combination of paper/chemicals that seems like his recommendation, I can not find one or the other. So, I am having a hard time finding what combination of paper and chemicals will have the results I want. I am also finding that much of what I look for in America does not exist. (moersch seems pretty cool but can't find it)

Thus, any help with that combination would be great. There are many choices of paper available, but the chemistry is less available.

Also, if I am just beginning, what size paper would be best to start with?

Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://www.moersch-photochemie.de/

Due to the fact Moersch has no USA dealer you could ask for a direct delivery.

Best and simple start: Easy Lith 2x100ml + Fomatone classic paper.

On our website we have a translated Dutch version for Lith prints, maybe Moersch has some English version:
    http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documenta...ng-Lith-nl.pdf

You could ask him. Fomatone can be delivered in all regular formats.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    First locate one of the papers he recommends and go from there. Finding both paper and chemicals simultaneously is difficult.
    After you have the paper in hand, check suppliers such as Artcraft, Bostick & Sullivan, Photographers Formulary and other chemical suppliers for the chemistry. I believe if you contact Dr. Rudman with questions he will respond. Since he does workshops each year through Photographers Formulary, they could be the most likely supplier.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestylephoto.biz carries Kentmere, Foma and Ilford papers as well as a few different brands of Lith chemistry.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Freestyle carries Maco Superlith and Fotospeed LD20 and a huge amount of papers that lith well.

B+H carries the Fotospeed LD20 and plenty of papers that lith well.

Digitaltruth carries Rollei Vintage Creative, which from what I understand, is just Maco Superlith renamed and plenty of papers that lith well.

I don't think it's too hard to find lith developer and papers, there's lots of it out there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Fotospeed lith paper will give you the gritty look in almost any lith chemistry

Jaap jan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Second the Foma MG Classic. Pinks, beige, browns and sometimes a little green when the developer is good and worn out. Always wanted to try the Fotospeed paper, but it's expensive.

I've tried several developers, but it seems like Kodalith Super RT has the best shelf life in stock solution. The LD20 data sheet says it should be used within 60 days of opening. This I read after buying the 5 liter jugs! I believe Macolith is similar.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I love Varycon in LD20. Great paper for lith and cheap. Kentona is also very nice but a bit finicky for me. I get it all from Freestyle.

I've posted some varycon prints recently so you can see how they look in my galleries.

Lith is great. It's changed the way I see.
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cdhauber View Post
    ...I have Tim Rudman's books and each time I come up with a combination of paper/chemicals that seems like his recommendation, I can not find one or the other. So, I am having a hard time finding what combination of paper and chemicals will have the results I want.
    Tim updates his information on papers and chemicals periodically. He posts the info on his World of Lith website
    http://www.worldoflithprinting.com/news.php You might want to have a look there.

Dan
    Daniel Williams
    Enumclaw WA USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Ullsmith View Post
    ...The LD20 data sheet says it should be used within 60 days of opening. This I read after buying the 5 liter jugs! I believe Macolith is similar.
    I have never used all of my lith developer within 60 days of opening the bottles. This includes LD20, Maco Superlith and Naccolith developers. I went through a phase of doing no lith printing and when I returned to it about a year later, my Superlith (which was about half full) gave me the same results as before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin