Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,389   Online: 787

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Autotype 35 and 25 Availability

Hi:

Can someone please tell me where I can purchase Autotype 35 (and possibly 25)? I tried Bostich & Sullivan and they don't have it. They do have the carbon paper that they make, but they said it would probably not work for photogravure, which I am working on. They are sending me a few samples to try out, though. They refered me to Takash, but they don't carry it. Takash referred me to Bostich & Sullivan.....I just now broke out of the 'wash, rinse..repeat' cycle.

Please don't refer me to Takash or B&S, I just can't make that many calls again.

BTW, if you don't have a source for Autotype, I'd be interested in an exact replacement or one that would work for photogravure. I don't know enough about the materials yet to specify the parameters for photogravure pigment gelatin paper, but maybe you do.

Thanks.

-R

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    OK, I beat you to it. I did some Googling and phone calls and couldn't find it at a dealer. So, I tracked it down. MacDermid bought Autotype out. I found their web-site:

http://www.autotypeamericas.com/auto...sf/pages/home#

I couldn't find the product on their site, so I called them. I found out that this product (Autotype 35, I didn't ask about 25) is only available direct from them, no distributors, etc. They do have a small minimum order, 'just' a single roll 41"x65' (!). It cost $330 for the roll and $10 ground shipping, 1 week lead time on the order. I ordered a roll and I should get it in a few weeks at the outside. They do take a credit card over the phone, no commercial accounts required!

This info will hopefully be valuable for assorted web-site hits. I saved a lot of time learning that it was direct sale only. If you find another place that sells it, it is probably old stock. From what I've read, if it is stored correctly (and the temp\humidity parameters are pretty easily met), then it should last indefenitely. Humidity levels are important because the gelatin coating does disolve in water.

HTH.

-R

MacDermid Autotype, Inc.
    1675 Winnetka Circle,
    Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
    United States

Tel:
    (847) 818 8262
    (800) 323 0632

e-mail:
    customer.service@macdermid.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin