Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,440   Online: 959

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arches Platine

Shooter
    Medium Format

Arches Platine

Ugly new for the lovers of the Arches Platine. He seems that Canson has suspended the production of this paper, in fact is not more present in the new catalogue and here in Italy the Canson distributor does not supply it more. Sergio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by devecchi View Post
    Ugly new for the lovers of the Arches Platine. He seems that Canson has suspended the production of this paper, in fact is not more present in the new catalogue and here in Italy the Canson distributor does not supply it more. Sergio
    It just looked on the US web site and it is still listed. Hopefully it is still being made....otherwise I'm going to need to order a bunch now

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Has production been suspended or discontinued ? Suspended could possibly mean that they haven't made a new run as to date. The Canson USA website is still promoting it and all the vendors that I know that carry it still stock pile it. Has Canson officially come out with a statement about the production being suspended? And if so can you post that statement?
    Last edited by RobertP; 09-15-2007 at 10:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Arches Platine

I do not know no official information of Canson.But they are ten years that I use this paper for mine Platinum-Palladium printing and is before the time that I do not find it and (this preoccupies to me) is not more present in the illustrated catalogue Canson. Of sure I know that Canson has a trade-union dispute with own employee (the threat of lay-offs)that they have interrupted the production for some days. More I do not know to say, I hope that it is a momentary problem, but the fact that this product has been removed from the catalogue, means(for me) that it is not more in production. I hope not.
    Sergio.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I've emailed Canson USA and asked them to address this. I'll post if and when I hear something from them. Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've told my brother to pick up whatever they have left at Woolfitts in Toronto. It's the only place I know that carry the paper. I have about 15 sheets left.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Art, Daniel Smith carries it.

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can anyone substantiate the statement that has been kicking around here that Rising Stonehenge is disappearing at the end of the year. I went into Daniel Smith to buy a bunch and they said they had no news of the U.S. mill closing. All sizes are available and are listed in the new 2007-2008 Daniel Smith Catalog. Anyone have info?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dug -

The Rising Mill closed in June and all of the employees were terminated. Hence, the traditional supply of Stonehenge paper no longer exists. Here's the press release issued by the Neenah Paper Company, the outfit that bought the Rising Mill at the end of last year:

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/s...tml?from_rss=1

However, Legion Paper, a wholesale paper distributor, has announced they they have purchased the specification for Stonehenge paper and the rights to produce it, and will be offering a substitute that they will have made in another mill. However, one must keep in mind that Stonehenge was intended for use in drawing and watercolor applications, and its ability to function as a substrate for Pt/Pd printing was not the primary objective of its designers. Therefore, only time will tell whether the new version will also serve Alt/Photo applications. Also, we need to recall that while Legion has purchased the specification, they won't have access to the skills and experience of the guys who have actually been making it, so it is possible that the new product could differ from the material we are accustomed to. Here's the announcement:

http://www.legionpaper.com/pub/files...BrandsLOGO.pdf

FWIW, Pearl Paint had some in their Canal Street store in New York in May, and I saw some in an art store in Bennington, VT a couple of weeks ago. So it's still possible to purchase it from dealers who had a significant stock. But for now the supply is definitely limited.
    Last edited by Monophoto; 09-16-2007 at 01:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Louie

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I found a place on the east coast that sent me 100 sheets of Plantine wth no issues other than haveing to wait a couple weeks for it to get here.

http://www.artpaper.com/ if anyone is interested. (this was my first order from them, BTW)
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin