Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,837   Online: 940

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    cool
    thanks heather
    off to raid the garden

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Check out http://www.alternativephotography.co...ellaneous.html

Two photographers getting excellent results from anthotype -

It's a beautiful process, but I wouldn't advise keeping them anywhere but in an archival box away from light.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    well - my girlfriend is foo shy to get in here...

but not to shy to show her image..

attached is a selfportrait done with "Arabian night" Dahlias - exposure time approx 5 weeks...

talk about photographic slow food...

don't use a negative - use a positive, and a "real" one, done on film. digi negs won't last that long in the sun..

she is currently trying other flowers. Let's see about christmas time

(I need to go buy some white flowers for my garden - then I might be able to enjoy them.....:rolleyes: )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anthotypi.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    gandolfi
    please kept us informed on other flowers
    thats a nice picture, 5 weeks is a long time
    Last edited by brucej; 10-29-2007 at 10:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Why are you using a postive, by the way? Does your plant material get darker over longer exposures? I use all traditionally done negs even if I have to enlarge them onto 4x5, but the anthotypes I've done have just been 6x9cm medium format.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Akki14 View Post
    Why are you using a postive, by the way? Does your plant material get darker over longer exposures?
    akki - you're making negative images..

the sun bleaches out the dye over time, so if you want a traditional image, a positive should be used.

Stine exposes for a loooong time, yes..

but I suspect it has to do with the time of year, and maybe condition of the ozone layer...

Denmark is quite dark this time of year.

we will let you know what happens with the other try's of flowers..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All
    from the link above i worked my way to this page
    http://www.alternativephotography.co...es/art098.html

It has some very interesting information, I raided the neighbours garden and have tried the green Nasturtium leaves as mentioned on this page, and I am happy to report they work very well and fast only a few hours in a cloudy day,
    and you can easily see the difference in shaded to exposed area.
    Beware the leaves stink !!!!,
    The leaves are not very juicy and needed some 95% alcohol to help release the pigment while grinding them in the motar, just brushed the juice on some water colour paper and let dry over night.
    I am only trying a simple test, but it is working well.

At the same time i am also trying green leaves from a red plum tree, and they are working well to, i got a gut feeling that leaves from fruit trees will work, so far so good.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Aw I like nasturtium leaves, they're tasty. Probably most anything with chlorophyll will work but i don't know how lightfast chlorophyll is compared to the other natural dyes out there.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here is an result for you all.

Today i tried the leaves from a plum tree in my yard.

The leaves are darkish brown on top, and greeny brown underneath, the plums are sweet and red, about 3/4 inch dia, no idea what type.

The juice is green , not much juice is in the leaves so added some 95% alcohol, i applied it to 80 gsm ink jet paper, i just let all the contents of the mortar go on to the paper, letting the juice soak through to other side so as to avoid having to strain it etc.

this produced a nice green pigment when dry,on other side of paper, not real dark.

I simply clamped a proper negative to the paper, and placed outside in very cloudy conditions.

I checked it after 3 hours and it was almost completely bleached, right though the negative, losing any image that may have been there.
    Got to try again, but this sure worked FAST

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Came across this process via a lith printing link on APUG. 2 hours later and four sites later, the links bring me back here!

So the real question, is the image permanent? How are the experiments coming along? Surely museum UV glass should do the trick??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin