Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,888   Online: 1064

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I gave a workshop not to long ago...now I know where one participant got her frame!

No problem with it, as fas as I know, but when she was loading/unloading it, the noise made everyone jump!

But I wonder how a combination of leaf-spring and perimeter clips would work for larger frames.

Vaughn

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have been using Bostick and Sullivan frames (11x14) for some time. And they have worked beautifully. I'm in the process of ordering their 16x20 frame and am doing so without hesitation. If its not broke, then don't fix it- is how I figure. One loose registration with a faulty frame pays the difference for the good one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, we have had a lot of opinions expressed here, but have not heard from Eric as to what he thinks of them after trying them, or if he has returned them unused based on some of the more negative comments.

How about it Eric?

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eric,

These are the only frames I have ever used.

I bought a used one at B&H last year since I was a beginner (sorta still am actually) and bought another one this summer. They work OK for me. The clips are tight (which you have to get used to), but aren't they suppose to be? Plus they make a loud *snap* noise, but, well ... you should hear my Hassey in the middle of a sea of digicams!

I hope you haven't returned them too. I looked at some other frames, and I agree there are some better designs out there, particularly for larger sizes, it appears, but these frames work just fine for me. None the less I hope you get to use them enough to be part of the alternative print exchange one day.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 09-22-2007 at 09:06 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see only a few negative remarks about the frames...certainly not meant to discourage anyone from trying alternative photography.

The best thing to do, since they were already bought is try them and see.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin