Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,175   Online: 805

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    Heather - I have used Kodak D19 dev undiluted with some success.

regards,
    Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heather -

Search the forum for Jim Galli's posts about using Rodinal wit h APHS film. Short and simple version is 1+200 to make up a liter (5ml Rodinal is about the minimum amount you want anyway). He also adds a little bit of restrainer too.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Heather,

I'm making enlarged negatives using only Bergger BPFB-18 film.
    It's not cheap but it works great for this.
    I do this:
    I do the interpositive by projection and I make it at the same size of the original, and then I enlarge the interpositve to the final size.
    I use ILFORD MG developer.
    Look what I get:

Juan Carlos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails secuencia.jpg  

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I'll second Don Bryant's suggestion for using HC-110. I use it at 1:12 to 1:19 (dilution E or F) depending on the contrast desired. This is with APHS lith film and Scala B&W positive originals.
    HC-110 is known as a low fog film. It's apparently good for very low dilutions and long dev times.
    david

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roy View Post
    ... Ilford used to make an Ortho film but have not done so for quite a while now.
    Ilford still makes Ortho Plus in 4x5 and 8x10. Perhaps you were thinking of Agfa NP31(?) which went off the market several years ago.

Ilford Ortho works well in Ilford Universal, ID11 or HC110, etc., depending on the contrast you need. The interpositive should be a bit overexposed but underdeveloped to put all the information on the straightline portion of the characteristic curve. The subsequent negative contrast can then be adjusted to match the process (cyanotype, etc.,) exposure scale. Download the Ortho Plus data sheet on the Ilford website for more info on developers and their activity/contrast index potential. From what I've read online, Ortho Plus is basically FP-4 Plus without the extended panchromatic sensitivity into the red.

This film will be more expensive than an ortho litho film, but IME, it is easier to work with and more predictable.

Joe

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I cannot remember the detail now Joe but I recall being told by Ilford when I enquired some while (years ?!) ago that the product I was looking for was not available.
    I have to say that the "Bergger/paper developer" combination has worked fine for me in the past.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin