Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,862   Online: 1019

Images

Ordering John Coffer's book and DVD?

For those of you who have ordered either of these or both how long did it take to get to you?

Did the online orders go smoothly or should I just post a letter with the money?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    John is pretty prompt with his mail. I think the on-line could take longer.
    I'd give it 1.5-2 weeks.
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mine turned up in the UK after 10 days or so. I mailed the money to JC.

Regards,
    Neil.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Did the online orders go smoothly or should I just post a letter with the money?
    I thought Coffer only accepts orders by mail, not online.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I don't think he takes online orders. You can email him but your email goes to someone else and that person may take a few weeks getting the emails to John. You best bet is to write him a letter and send a check. He will respond promptly.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    John's manual is one of the best. You may also consider Quinn Jacobson's new book, " The Contemporary Wet Plate Collodion Experience" It is also a very good reference.

Images
    I figured snail mail would be the best for him, but not convenient for me. Oh well. Mail it is.

I will start with Coffers book because he has a DVD. Then I'll tackle Jacobson's book.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    You may also consider Quinn Jacobson's new book, " The Contemporary Wet Plate Collodion Experience" It is also a very good reference.
    Just started into Quinn's book and am finding it a great help. Also sent off a snail order to JC yesterday for his package.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well here it is October 3rd. and I just received John's manual and DVDs. It took only 6 days from the time I mailed the order to him via snail mail! Pretty good from a man with no phone or internet connection! Complete with a nice, handwritten note as well. Highly recommended.

Bill

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Bill, You should consider his workshop. Its a great time and John is a class act.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin