Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,095   Online: 1234

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Here it is:

This one lets me sensitize 10x12 plates. I made a companion fixer tank with clear acrylic for the front and black acrylic for the rear to facilitate watching the change from negative to positive with clear glass. The cements were Weldon 3 and Weldon 16.

I've also made plate storage boxes that double as washing/holding tanks for field use and transport.

The tanks are designed to hold one of two different plate sizes. This one does full plates or two layers of quarter-plates.

I have some technical drawings of various combinations if anyone else is interested in making such a thing. This one is for 4x5s and 5x7s:

I bought a lot of the plastic as inexpensive cutoffs from a plastics shop and eventually purchased a full 4'x8' sheet of red acrylic when I converted the RV to a mobile darkroom. The larger pieces were cut down using a table saw but for smaller pieces a scoring knife made for cutting plastics can be used.

I also built another set of tanks that fit in the wooden drop tank in the RV. That tank comes out and can be used in my darkbox. I built all this stuff after reading Ray's page as well. None of it turned out pretty, but everything is quite functional and I saved $$$ doing it myself.

Might as well link the darktent too. You can see the red sensitizing tank in those picks along with the acrylic "helper trays" for developing plates and the red acrylic sheet used for safe windows.

Joe

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Joe, What is the pitch of the tank...15 degrees? Thanks, Robert....P. S....Those boxes are a great design Joe. Are the corners chamfered?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Robert,

IIRC, it is 20 degrees.

Do you have any pics of your van conversion? I'd love to see them if available.

Joe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Found a sketch of the tank:

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Joe, I will have pics as soon as it is finished and I'll forward to you via this forum or the other. Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks fellas!
    Joe, you've been a bit busy.....
    That's some really cool stuff.
    I enjoy making stuff myself if I can.
    Where did you get the black and red acrylic?
    I'd also like to know where you got the fabric for you tent.
    I do a fair bit of sewing making a lot of my backpacking gear.
    Thanks for all the input.
    Scott

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The plastic came from a local plastics distributor (Total Plastics Inc.) and the tent material was from Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics, both of which have websites.

It turned out the tent needed three layers of fabric to be lightproof. It appeared that two would do until it was completed and I was able to get inside it. Knowing that now, I would probably try to find a different material for one of the layers and try to get it back down to two. The tent is really three tents inside one another and offset slightly to eliminate the light coming through the thousands of pinholes caused by the stitching. I think I still have the pattern somewhere if you are interested. The frame is PVC pipe from a local home improvement center and the tabletop that fits into PVC couplings on the frame was from a cheap plastic shelf from a $20 shelving unit.

Joe

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Scott, Porter's carry a nice darkroom cloth material. Check out their website. Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Joe,

Did you create a set of plans for the portable darkbox? I'm getting ready to make my own and the more info I have the better!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Joe, if I calculated it right your internal volume on your silver bath is about 2L. I read somewhere (I haven't received coffer's manual yet) that the bath is 9% AgNO3. If that's correct that's 180g to fill your bath up. That gets pricey....
    Sounds like it's the most expensive part of the process that I have noticed so far.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin