Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,016   Online: 879

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm definitely going out this weekend, but I really want to sneak out of work sometime sooner...
    Bill, I didn't remember the skid til I was dosing off to sleep last night.
    I was just going to throw it in the back sans skid and use it.
    After a little testing I realized I want the table at about 42" (I'm 6'3").
    With the skid it's right about that height.
    Now I need to decide how I want to do the legs so I can venture from the truck.
    Oh...also with the fabric. I was trying to use less cuz it's pricey and I wanted a little left over to make a darkcloth.
    I'll pick up some white nylon ripstop at the fabric store and whip up a nice light darkcloth.
    Scott

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    This is a dark cloth the little woman made for me. This is made with a light weight gortex material. It is white on one side and black on the other. She then lined it with black china silk. It is around the 14x14 tailboard wet-plate camera in the photo. I'm still not sure about the black china silk it is quite slippery. When she asked how I liked it the first time I used it, I replied..."well its kind of like wearing your panties on my head dear." It actually works very well and it has already saved the camera from a rain storm...very waterproof. It fits my 8x20 and 12x20 film cameras and just by chance it fit the 14x14 tailboard as well. She added elastic at the top with velcro closures at the bottom and a couple of pockets that weights can be put in at the bottom on windy days. Actually it is a little off white more like a very light gray.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0017.jpg   DSCN0016.jpg   DSCN0018.jpg  
    Last edited by RobertP; 11-28-2007 at 12:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    "well its kind of like wearing your panties on my head dear."
    Robert, I always new you were the romantic type.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    " What light through yonder window breaks. It is the east and Juliet is the sun. Cast off fair sun and kill thy envious moon. For she is far far more fair than thee"..........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So robert you like to wear panties on your head huh?
    That's a nice looking darkcloth. I plan to have the porter's stuff inside and the white ripstop on the outside bordered with some grosgrain or bias tape. I'm not sure how I'm going to do attachment yet. I had the BTZS tube for my 4X5 and 8X10 before they got sold off... I might do the elastic, but I might explore string and a toggle or perhaps shock cord and a toggle.
    I didn't know you had an 8X20 and 12X20. Lucky dog! I'd love to play with ULF. I've even considered going up to 11X14 for wetplate, but that will be down the road a bit. Did you get the 14X14 from Ray? Is it the NE plus ultra? I wouldn't suppose there are any movements on that thing?? Seems like a very fair price for such a large camera.
    Scott

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ah shucks Kerik.......thanks

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Scott, Yes it is a Star N E Plus. It does have a rise and fall front standard. But other than that no other movements. It is basically a replica of an old tailboard. And I've kinda gotten away from wearing her panties on my head over the years. Especially now since they are no longer silk but flannel.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I hope she doesn't read this

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If anyone is interested the Gortex is a thin 2-ply. White and black. I think she got it from a place in Colorado called Rockymountain fabrics or something like that. I'll ask her the details. But if I recall she said she had about 60.00 in materials in the whole thing. Now according to her that is about 1060.00 if she had charged me for her time. The nice thing about it is it weighs about 1/3 of the weight as my old horse blanket and its much cooler in the summer and extremely waterproof.
    Last edited by RobertP; 11-28-2007 at 12:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    so it's flannel hats now?
    Luckily I do my own sewing so I can't get hit with the steep labor costs!

I have something else I've been meaning to ask about.
    I have an itch to get another brass lens.
    However, I'm not sure what!
    Actually I'd like a soft focus petzval type lens.
    BUT I don't really know much about the older lenses.
    Any suggestions for wetplate work?
    I'd like it to cover 8X10 and be suitable for portrait and landcape.
    However, I don't want to pay a lot of money.....
    I know, I know have my cake and eat it to..
    One reason I ask is this guy has a bunch on the block
    thanks
    Scott

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin