Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,551   Posts: 1,573,120   Online: 752

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Red is rendered black. John had us shoot this to give us an idea of the sensitivity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ty, I hope it's monochromatic!
    Yep, that's what I was wondering about (blue sensitive). I was just curious if anyone had tried to 'shift' that at all.....
    Robert thanks for the photo with the spectrum (I had seen it earlier). Because of our earlier discussion on reversed images could you tell me what the color order is....?
    Gracias
    Scott

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I'm somewhat confused now myself I think it is L to R red to blue

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bromides extend the spectral sensitivity a little towards the green, but not much. There may also be an effect using different cations, but again it would be a small effect. Collodion is mainly UV and blue-sensitive, but a pure iodide emulsion will have less spectral sensitivity than one made with a bromide and iodide mix.

It would appear that heavier cations (zinc, cadmium) give a little more spectral sensitivity than lighter ones (potassium, ammonium, sodium, lithium).

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ok I got the loop out and read the bottom of the chart he is holding. It is a Kodak color control patches. So it isn't a blue to red spectrum. If you can find a 9 patch Kodak color control sample on line you will probably find the lighter patches the blue and violets. If you find one to compare match the patches in reverse. The one in this photo is reading right to left.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I'll find a true color spectrum from blue to red and photograph it again. I'm curious now myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it's kind of cool that you can change the spectral sensitivity (even if it's a little). Robert I think I found the color patch here. It's the second one.
    If I got that right then it would seem the photo you attached has gray on the right and blue on the left. But that would make the patch next to white (on the link I made that is magenta) be close to white???
    Thanks
    Scott

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Scott I don't think that is the right color patches. The reds should be rendered dark and the blues light. We didn't spend much time on this. And my old mind just can't recall the exacts. Next time I shoot I'll include a color spectrum in a shot and then a digital snap for you to compare. I don't want to mislead you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No sweat Robert. That would be cool if you get around to it but no worries. The color patch was an older one (I believe) so the google fairy had a hard time finding one. However, I think this might be it. Well that is if the yellows go that dark and the magentas that light.
    Scott

Ty G
    What is really "cool" is a tintype of a person with light blue eyes.

Ty Guillory
    www.tystintypes.com
    Mineola, TX

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin