Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,366   Online: 1020

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Indeed Ty!
    I was looking through some of Kendrick's tintypes and those are the ones that stood out the most.
    Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was wondering if one of you on Quinn's collodion forum could assist me. I have been trying to register with Quinn for over a week through different avenues. Does anyone know if he is out of reach for awhile?
    Is anyone a moderator over there that could register me?
    I'm just continuing my reading and found the archives of the cwreenactors forum to be very informative. So I'd like to join the other one as well.
    Thanks for any help.
    Scott

Ty G
    Email him. He'll get you on.

Ty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, I tried that with two separate email accounts and I even PMed him through APUG. Guess I'll just wait a little longer....
    Thanks
    Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scott,

He must be away. When I wrote to join a couple weeks back, he got to me within hours.

Bill

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I think he is doing a couple of workshops in France right now. Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I figured he must be away.
    Thanks for the information.
    I try again next week I guess.
    Thanks
    Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have another question to ask.
    I know there are the other wet plate forums out there but it would be nice to have some content on APUG don't you think??
    Actually I think this question has been asked but I can't seem to find it through the search feature.
    Anyway, any of yall make your own vertical silver bath?
    It seems you want to minimize volume because of the expense of silver nitrate. For that matter, does anyone just use a tray?
    If you make your own do you just use plexiglass (and that glue made for it...) and then make an outer wooden box?
    I was tempted to buy one from star camera but Ray's little talk in his first paragraph kind of made me just want to do it myself. I just need a little guidance...
    gracias
    Scott

Shooter
    Large Format
    Scott - I use ordinary glass and silicon, then put it in a box, though I suppose that plexi is much less fragile! The fixing bath doesn't need a box - and hypo (what I use) is cheap, so a tray will do.

You can use a tray for the silver bath, especially for odd/large sizes - see here.

Joe (aka "Smieglitz") made a neat vertical silver bath out of red perspex, which doesn't need a box either.

Regards,
    Neil.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    You can even use black opaque plexi. There is no need to view the silver bath anyway. Although red will work... why not just block all the light and elinminate the need for a wooden housing at the same time. I have converted a F150 Ford Cargo Van to a rolling darkroom. In the plywood bulkhead I installed a sliding door on each side. One from red plexi and one from black opaque plexi on the opposite side of the bulkhead. Now I can use it for wet plate and film. When working and developing my plates I just slide the red door closed and then when loading film I slide the black door closed also. I can even develop film inside as it is vented with blackout vents and an open vent with a red plexi cover. I Hope to have it up and operational within a few weeks. It has sink and a tank with a 15 gal capacity for distilled water. (it will be filled from the RO system here). And of course a gray water tank. Robert

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin