Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,539   Posts: 1,572,765   Online: 879

Shooter
    Holga
    Images

Making Lith Prints from Color Negatives..?

Not ideal I know but has anyone tried this and liked the results? Do Tell..and show if possible.

Thanks

Victor
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would be a way to beat the lack of contrast. Good to try for sure, Panalure re-invented...
    Best,
    (2 more oysters days and I'm back)
    G.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Since quite acceptable monochrome prints can be made from colour negatives, I cannot think of any reason why you could not print them for Lith work. Good luck Victor, and please let us know how you get on.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It works fine. There was at least one in my 1st lith book if you have it (e.g. Page 83). One of the good things about lith is the huge range of contrast you can print to, so colour negs shouldn't present too much problem IME
    Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I remember that when Roger Hicks and Frances Schulz reviewed the Rollei 400 Scanfilm for Shutterbug, they said the one good application for this film was lith printing, not the purported scanning.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Thanks everyone. This is very constructive and encouraging advice. I will post my results in the near future.
    Tim:I do have your 1st book back in New Jersey and will take a look at that image when I return. I'm reading your 2nd lith book now and think it's fantastic both in concept and execution.
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It works fine. The difference of spectrum sensitivity between color nega and B&W paper sometime makes interesting effects.

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...00&ppuser=2751
    kunihiko kario

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin