Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,601   Online: 838

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo van

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Robert,

If you have room, you might consider a large water tank. My wet plate camper has a 22 gallon tank and I sometimes find that barely enough for an outing...
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Kerik, I already have a 15 gal tank.. that's what the determining factor is. I kind of figured I could carry an extra 10-15 gal. for refilling if needed. This was a design/build on the fly, using the parts and materials on hand. It was Kendrick's trailer and your camper that inspired me. Thanks, Robert

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Oh and the roof vent idea I stole from Joe Smigiel. Thanks Joe, Robert

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Robert, How did you rig up your water tank and how are you installing a wastewater holding tank?
    For my mobile wet-plate work, I have a cargo trailer that I have converted with an air conditioner, a vent like yours with ruby lith for a safelight and insulation on the roof. I use an office chair because the ceiling is too low for me to stand in. For a sink, I bought a cheap, plastic laundry sink. All but a couple of sticks of wood were surplus lumber I had laying around and I scooped up a set of metal shelves left on the side of a road to store trays and other paraphernalia. I painted the floor and walls with a can of gray reject paint.
    I usually drain the water into a bucket and have to admit that if I'm on a parking lot I just let the spent developer and wash water run onto the pavement. For water, I either buy a 2-gallon plastic container with one of those spigots but I'm about to buy a 5-gallon container used for camping.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Bruce, Here is the sink and fresh water tank I have. The sink is 13x15x5". The tank is a 15 gal. For grey water I plan on buying one of those off of ebay that have the two wheels and collapsable handle. The waste water tank I plan on having nearest the rear doors with a hinged door that will allow it to flip open and roll the tank in and out. http://www.apug.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1194279412
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0011 copy.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now that's cool robert!
    I'll be working from home for awhile till I feel comfortable with the whole process, but will definitely be taking wetplate in the field. For now I'll try not to focus too much on those particulars and just try to get clean plates
    Scott

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Scott, I saw your plates. You're doing great! Keep it up. You'll have it mastered in no time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin