Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,735   Online: 790

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo van

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Photo van

I'm making progress on the photo van. This is a Ford F 150 cargo van. The model with no rear windows. This has film and wet plate capabilities. The vent is in the rear near the rear doors. I installed 4" blackout vents in the bulkhead for a passive air flow. Ether doesn't like electric fan motors. And the red plexi will only be closed for a matter of a minute or so. http://www.apug.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1194220315
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0008.jpg   DSCN0004.jpg   DSCN0010.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    g'day Robert

could you possibly expand on this post?

why?

what for?

how?

??

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ray it is in order to take wet plate on the road. Plus it can function as a rolling film darkroom also. In order to do wet plate the plate must be processed as soon as it is shot. Plus you need darkroom capabilities in order to sensitize the plate before you load it in the plate holder. I can actually process ULf film in there and contact print albumen or Pt/pd prints on site if needed. As Long as the great point light source in the sky cooperates.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow, that's great Robert

so apart from the use of a modern vehicle, will your equipment, materials, processes and techniques differ from the practices of the photographic pioneers

Ray

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ray, It's not my intent to do reenactments they would never allow the van there. I think you even have to wear period clothes for that. Aside from that everything is exactly the same as what was used 150 years ago. I have a new replica tailboard camera that will shoot up to an 11x14 plate with inserts for 5x7 and 8x10. The lens is a Huge Jamin Darlot Cone Centralisatuer 1861. And a few other period lenses.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Here's a little better pic with the black plex closed. When doing wet plate the red plexi will be closed and act as an additional darkroom light. Wet plate is blue sensitive.http://www.apug.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1194223608
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0005.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Red plex in place but it is dark out.http://www.apug.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1194224044
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0001 copy.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Next I'll install a sink with 15 gallon tank & grey water tank with counters and silver bath holders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin