Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,563   Online: 1023

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Plea for Lithium Palladium

Martin,
    I am calibrating for Ziatypes and digital negs, so would be very keen to have lithium palladium available in UK. Also what's the position with Pictorico in the UK. I keep getting told that Permajet have taken them over and Permajet OHP is the same thing, but 'not quite so good'
    John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Martin: I pestered you on the phone for a while this afternoon, for which I apologise. But many thanks for your FO. I now have a year's supply. Your words on pd/pt were also very encouraging.

John: Your question on Permajet. I spoke to them about a month ago, and this was their response: Permajet OHP used to be made by Pictorico (the box with the cheap-looking A5 data sheet in). However, pigment inks were not conducive to this material (???), so they changed manufacturer to a Chinese company. The new Permajet OHP is very different (and has a nice-looking A4 data sheet). It is (very) non-static, slightly more opaque and has a right-corner clip instead of a left. I have tried one box of this and although it required a new curve, I think it is very good. However, I have nothing to compare it against so I can't tell you whether it is better or worse than any other material available in the UK (Copyjet, for example).

As far as I'm concerned, it's worth a go. I think it is good: holds ink well and the tones are very smooth. Just my opinion.

Cheers

Geoff

Edit: Apologies if my last paragraph regarding OHP offends. More hybrid, I know.
    Last edited by gwatson; 12-12-2007 at 10:49 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarification

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Y'know, analogue enlarged negs are lovely and quite fun to do I like them. Plus I get a big B&W slide out of it.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Heather. I agree with you whole-heartedly.

However, this thread is about UK sources of materials for alt process (analogue) prints. Some don't have the luxury of a darkroom (and therefore require OHP to produce analogue prints). My comment was to thank Martin at Silverprint for sourcing this stuff; my comment about the OHP was simply an answer to a question. I am in no way advocating dig***l negs and will in no way mention the stuff again. As I said in my edit, this is hybrid.

My conversation with Martin today was very encouraging. Perhaps in the near future, those outside the US will be able to buy salts once only available in the US.

Cheers

Geoff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Received my own Oxalate this morning with some more Kalli and Gum chemicals; thanks Martin, and of course thanks to *.Sullivan :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just been talking to Martin and hopefully we will soon here about palladium and pictorico - maybe some wet plate stuff too

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I am looking for a UK supplier of Pictorico OHP film and would be happy to purchase from Silverprint if they were to stock it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some potassium oxalate wouldn't go amiss Martin!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin