Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,041   Posts: 1,560,708   Online: 1054

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ferric Oxalate, UK ?

Where ca I buy Ferric Oxalate in the UK ? Silverprint doesn't sell it...

I'd like to have a go at making kallitypes...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Retrophotographic appear to sell it.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Michel

Retro have it on their website but do not sell it. I have searched high and low for a supplier and the bottom line is, I don't think there is one.

I have to get mine from B+S in the States. In the short-term I have a few grams you can have to give it a go, but perhaps if we meet up soon we can arrange some sort of group purchase. I am running fairly low on PD and NA2 so will need to make a (painful) order sometime soon. (Have to be after Xmas, I fear though.)

Cheers

Geoff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by buze View Post
    Not because we wouldn't like to sell it, but all roads lead to B&S - as well as being the right price, for photographic use the chemical needs to be freshly manufactured, so we normally refer any enquiries to Bostick & Sullivan. Maybe if we get a few more people from the UK who would like some immediate stock we could get some bulk in from B&S and split it down at our place.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Check the B&S website. I think they are having a sale on ferric oxalate and palladium.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I dislike ordering from the US; I get hammered regularily by customs, vat and 'administrative charge' on anything over $50. Oh and it takes 2 weeks to sort it out,... A month ago I had to pay about 30 pounds to get to my original $48 order (non photo related).
    Geoff I don't want to plunder your stocks; maybe we can indeed make a group purchase of some sort ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey guys, you might try Mike over at Artcraft as he also has it listed. Don't get me wrong, I get all of mine from B&S, but just wanted to offer another option (think the Formulary has it as well). Lotus Photo shows kits available, maybe they can help. There is also this link that tells how to make your own.

Hope this helps.
    Mike C

Rambles

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is a chemical manufacturing company in Dorset, Sigma-Aldrich I believe they are called. Whether they will supply to individual photographers I do not know but I do believe they supply to labs and photographic businesses. You could always have a stab at making your own !
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    As I understand it, Ferric Oxalate is not a straightforward thing to make. According to Mike Ware (who should know) it's an, "'ill-characterised' substance, that is to say - not easy to prepare as a solid, of dubious purity and a highly variable composition depending on its method of preparation." B&S know how to make this stuff, and how to make it consistantly and of sufficient quality for alt processes.

Those chemicals that I can source locally I buy locally. But for Ferric Oxalate (and the Pt/Pd salts) I go to B&S. I know I'm going to get good materials that way.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Now available

Quote Originally Posted by buze View Post
    Oh yes we do! Bostick & Sullivan are making up a batch for us which should be in the UK in about a week, price will be comparable to the B&S rate. We will keep it in stock from now on.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin