Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,458   Online: 759

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Colorvir manuals in English

Dear Apug friends!

I need COLORVIR manuals in English language. I have got one package without manuals. If You can email me, I will be more than happy. I will also be thankful if You have copy of articles, or if You can point me to some web sites.

Thank You for Your help.

Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

COLORVIR

I have made this. I found some article in Darkroom techniques magazine from year 1983, and there are some examples.

If someone find manuals, please do contact me.

Here are some examples I have made just two days ago. This are easyest examples. Photos are made on Agfa glossy paper, developed in Agfa neutol and than tanned in Colorvir chemistry. If you look, you willsee some "solarisation" and more than one color on each photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails media tower tokyo.jpg   dentsu tokyo.jpg   nippon tv tokyo.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rombo View Post
    I have made this. I found some article in Darkroom techniques magazine from year 1983, and there are some examples.

If someone find manuals, please do contact me.

Here are some examples I have made just two days ago. This are easyest examples. Photos are made on Agfa glossy paper, developed in Agfa neutol and than tanned in Colorvir chemistry. If you look, you willsee some "solarisation" and more than one color on each photo.
    Rombo. If you go to the e photozine website you will see that you can buy the Colorvir manual. It costs nearly £8 which is very expensive for 11 pages.

You buy the right to download a pdf file. As you are not in the U.K. and do not use pounds sterling,I don't know whether the file is available but you can contact e-photozine to find out if you can pay in euros.

This service is provided by OldTimerCameras.com It may be simpler to go to that website but e-photozine may provide the service of the pdf files whereas OldTimerCameras may only be able to send you the printed manual which will be a photocopy. Quicker to simply download the pdf file.

As you seem to be handling the process very well, I am not sure that the manual will tell you anything you don't already know.

I hope this helps

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Pentaxuser!

Thank You for this information. Some time ago, I dit buy manuals at this e-photozine. I paid a lot of money, and I recieve photocopies. Manuals were very fine, but expensive.

Sometimes friends ask me for some manuals. I always help, and I never charge money for photocopies and post expenses.

Colorvir is very different kind of toning. In addition to the usual single color toning, the black and white image can be transformed into multi colors, solarized or altered for a combination of black and white tones and color. There is great number of possible effects.

These three photos were easily achieved with Colorvir kit. I would like to do more complex things.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have that manual somewhere - I'll see if i can find it and scan it for you.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    No problem Rombo. The great thing about Colorvir, according to what I have read is that it is something that can only be done with RC and not FB paper.

So there we have it. One quality unique to RC paper. Make sure you show the prints to people who appreciate this amazing range of effects. These days a lot who don't understand would say: Hmm... These colour prints look strange. I would practice more with PS if I were you. This brings me to the other quality of RC. When you do something nasty with the print to the "critic" who says this, at least you know it hasn't cost much and the satisfaction is oh so good.

Toning has always been a rewarding hobby in all sorts of ways.

pentaxuser

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    No problem Rombo. The great thing about Colorvir, according to what I have read is that it is something that can only be done with RC and not FB paper. ...
    That's totally wrong.

I have "Colorvirred" just about anything, both FB and RC. The dyes (as opposed to the toners) are more difficult to wash out of fiber base, but there is no real difference apart from that.

Bergger Art Contact tones enthusiastically in everything - I thought my blue toner was dead and put a BAC test print in it: It turned violently blue in a fraction of a second!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin