Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,894   Online: 970

Thread: KODAK LVT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

KODAK LVT

hello

I am curious does anyone here use / own or have experiences with the KODAK LVT Film Recording System? I am curious weather this device can be used to expose paper as well as film.

~Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format

LVT output

Hello - I own and operate a LVT. They can make paper prints up to 10x8
    and currently to a max resolution of 500 dpi. Film mode goes up to 3000 dpi.
    LVTs are the best possible imaging device ever made. I have a Lightjet 2000 and 5000 too and it is better than them.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    Hello - I own and operate a LVT. They can make paper prints up to 10x8
    and currently to a max resolution of 500 dpi. Film mode goes up to 3000 dpi.
    LVTs are the best possible imaging device ever made. I have a Lightjet 2000 and 5000 too and it is better than them.
    I have a Dice Rhino+ and when focused properly will produce very very sharp
    images on Tmax100.

When we are talking about paper are we talking about just RA4 or B/W fiber based enlarging paper ie Ilford Gallerie?

Ron

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a great supplier in London who makes my LVT negs from digital file. (http://www.michaeldyer.co.uk/) Images have to be sized at 400 pixels per cm in RGB. I normally get 4 up on a sheet of 10x8 (so 4 5x4 negs) for £85 plus VAT. The quality is excellent though it is important to make sure the supplied file is the right contrast. Some people don't rate LVT negs but that is usually because they have supplied a file which may have looked good on an (uncalibrated) monitor without any thought of how it will translate as a processed negative. Very important to look into how the shadows translate. Wish I could find a machine for myself! Not sure if it is viable as a method of producing prints from file as I expect most customers would want larger than 10x8. Shame Lamdas and Lightjet machines are so big and expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike,

Are you using these negative for enlargements?

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Mike,

Are you using these negative for enlargements?

Tom
    Looking at what I wrote it doesn't look clear at all!

'Not sure if it is viable as a method of producing prints from file'

What I meant was I was not sure if an LVT would be a good method of producing prints directly from a digital file onto photographic paper as it can only go up to 10x8, though I think some LVTs go up to 11x14. However, it can be great for producing negatives which can then be enlarged as normal as long as the digital file is of sufficient quality. I'm currently printing a lot of 20x24 folios in the darkroom from such negatives produced by Michael Dyer. Now how long do you reckon till this thread is closed for daring to mix pixels and grain together?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you using a 4 bladed easel under the enlarger for the 20x24 prints?

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Are you using a 4 bladed easel under the enlarger for the 20x24 prints?

Tom
    Have only got a 4 blade for up to 16x20, otherwise I use a 20x24 and 20x30 Beard 2 blade easels for bigger prints. Wouldn't mind a 20x24 4 blade but they're not cheap.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin