Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,244   Online: 943

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    I always thaught that "In Camera" meant exposing and development in side the camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    KK i guess you are right there, i will try and change the thread name.

PE doing a bit of searching i have found that cuporous oxide is indeed light sensitive, you can make a solar cell by heating a copper plate and making a layer of cu2o , and you can make it by Electrolysis useing salt water and copper ELECTRODES, and use the left over salt water as weed killer.

So from what you are saying it needs to made in the dark, and kept in the dark and should be yellow.
    How were you useing it ? as it appears to be water insoluble

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bruce;

It is made in a polymer and then coated on support such as film or paper. On exposure and development, you get a copper metal negative image and a cuprous oxide positive image. The cuprous oxide can be dissolved. The speed is similar to Kodabromide paper.

If you precipitate it without a polymer to protect it, the crystals will clump and become useless.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks PE
    your comments makes it a fair bit more complex to do this process.
    more thinking time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try the textbook by Khosar on alternate processes. I don't remember the title, but I found it very interesting.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin