Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,191   Online: 699

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

alternativephotography.com support issues

I joined this group because of my Pt/pd printing. I gave them my money and they show me as a member. SO!!!! for the last 2 months I have been trying to get my work on the gallery. I have e-mailed them 6 times with the information and pictures they want. Nothing. Lots of other people get theirs up but even when I e-mail them to find out why they don't answer. I have even brought this up on the forum and I get no response.

They are either more concerned with European Photographers or they run this like Emulsion magazine runs their magazine.

Don't waste your time. They seem to pick and choose who they want to show their work or even talk to you.

Mike A
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Images
    I have had similar issues on other forums. It is like they were set up for a select few in the inner circle. Because of that, this is the only photo forum I come to.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I agree I should have learned when I joined F64 website, being a website from great Britain, any time I comment on something they would jump down my throat saying I was off basis in commenting on a print here or there. SO finally I saw the light here and never went back. I see many of the members on here now but because it is run differently (so much better) you don't get the prejudice for being from some where else.

ma
    ma
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael,

I will e-mail Malin personally to inform her of your situation. I'm sorry you haven't been responded to in proper fashion and hopefully, Malin will rectify that. Don't give up on AP just yet.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michael9793 View Post
    I joined this group because of my Pt/pd printing. I gave them my money and they show me as a member. SO!!!! for the last 2 months I have been trying to get my work on the gallery. I have e-mailed them 6 times with the information and pictures they want. Nothing. Lots of other people get theirs up but even when I e-mail them to find out why they don't answer. I have even brought this up on the forum and I get no response.

They are either more concerned with European Photographers or they run this like Emulsion magazine runs their magazine.

Don't waste your time. They seem to pick and choose who they want to show their work or even talk to you.

Mike A

Mike,

I don't believe Malin has shown any preference toward Europeans -- for a fact I know that she has sought out and invited many American alternative printers to participate on the site.

It is obvious that she is running a fairly complicated site. Perhaps with a little patience your situation might resolve itself. Most people I know who deal with Malin think highly of her, and I do as well.

Sandy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Art,
    thank you very much, I'm sure she is a good person I was just getting frustrated that over a two month time frame I had not gotten a response and felt this may be the only way to get somebody to help me. I may have been a little tough on the group but I felt that may get someone to respond and you did.

again thanks for you help Art.

Sandy you are probably right. I just was blowing off steam and went a little over board like I have a tendency to do..

thanks for your response

mike a

Shooter
    35mm
    Sounds like it is some sort of scam to me. I think you need to demand a refund, as they dont seem to want you in their sandbox, so to speak. My 2 cents, less taxes.

Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm with Sandy. I've been on that site for years and have never had any issues with Malin. I'm confident your situation will be resolved. As for pauliej's ill-informed comment: at 2 cents, it's way over-priced.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've been there for a long time too, and am also confident in Malin. But since I'm Scandinavian like Malin, I didn't want to be the first to express my confidence.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello all,
    I'm sorry for not replying earlier, I'm not very active on this forum but someone sent me the thread. I am the editor of AlternativePhotography.com and I want to clarify a few things:
    -We are open to entries from all over the world. If you take a look at the galleries on the site you will see this.
    -The membership is a supporting membership and is used to run the site, noone gets paid, despite the hundreds of hours of work we put in.
    -We don't take images from everyone that sends their work in, we do some editing and reject some. BUT, we do reply to EVERYONE that sends their work in. Unfortunately we have a real problem with spam and get over 1000 emails a day, so it does happen that we miss a few important emails. Mike, try again, and mark the email "Gallery request" and we will probably see it.
    -We do talk to everyone. We don't run an elitist site, students work is as welcome as professionals, I think this is pretty clear if you take a look in the galleries and read people's bio. The important thing of the site, that is also the core of the site is the love and the use of alternative photographic processes.
    -People with an interest in alt. proc. is what makes the site run, their galleries, their articles, their step-by-step instructions, their discussions on the forum etc.
    I hope this clarifies a few things.
    Malin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin