Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,579   Online: 913

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whoa! I haven't been keeping up with the price. Is it really that high right now? What does 100ml of potassium chloroplatinite cost now at B&S?

Never mind. i just looked. $845. Makes the idea of sloppy borders and generous coating volumes sort of gulp-inducing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Sullivan View Post
    Do you have some $1100 an ounce Platinum? If so, I'll take 1000 ounces right now! I just paid $2070 for an ounce!
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I second the use of Southworth 100% Rag resume paper from Office Depot or Staples. I use it with students. The only problem with beginners is its light weight, but handled carefully it works beautifully for small prints.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Clay & Jim...Is this the paper that you just described?

Southworth® Connoisseur Collection™ Exceptional 100% Cotton Résumé Paper, 8 1/2" x 11", 24 Lb., Ivory, Pack Of 100

As light weight paper, can I assume it clears easily?

Thanks.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Does the watermark get in the way too often when printing 5 x 7" negs on 8 1/2" x 11" paper? Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it will work for 5x7, as long as you don't need it perfectly centered on the paper. It is also a great cyanotype paper.

Quote Originally Posted by eggshell View Post
    Does the watermark get in the way too often when printing 5 x 7" negs on 8 1/2" x 11" paper? Thanks again.
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hello Dana,

I'll put my vote in for Ruscombe Mills Buxton paper. Great stuff. Hope you do plan to stock it.

Rick

Tried out the Ruscombe Buxton 160gsm paper today. Talk about a gorgeous paper to work with! It coats exceptionally smoothly and evenly, and the final prints are superb. Very good blacks, with only the slightest hint of solarization. Although there is a slight amount of surface texture, the image is very crisp and clean, and there are none of the emulsion absorbtion issues you see with other papers. I give Dr. Michael Ware high marks for his work in developing this paper. Bravo! (clap, clap)

Overall, I'd rate it right up there with COT-320 in terms of image quality. I'd say it's probably my new 'favorite' paper, but the $14.50 price for a 22x30 sheet is a little frightening. I definitely want to add this to my catalog, as it would make a great 'premium' paper to go along with the 'budget' papers like Stonehenge and Weston Diploma.

Next up: Testing Fabriano Artistico.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hi Dana,
    I bought the last batch of Simili Japon that you had a couple of years ago; when I heard they were going to quit making it.I bought up all I could find from legion as well. The paper is exquisite in every way,(color -texture-detail-handling, but it must be double coated to sing it's best song. I've tryed everything possible, including tween 20,pre-soaking , diluting with water,, even using excessive amounts on the first pass, and even though I must double coat it, it's still worth the effort. However, my supply is narrowing and I'm not sure if it can be found anywhere.If you can help find it ,and in that case carry it , i'd be much obliged. Please let me know if you have any leads.
    Thank you,
    davidjohn lotto

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    The watermark on the Southworth paper may et in the way of 5x7 prints on 2 or 3 sheets in a box.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks Clay, Jim. That's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    The watermark on the Southworth paper may et in the way of 5x7 prints on 2 or 3 sheets in a box.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Stonehenge Testing

I've ordered up some Stonehenge white and it should be here by the end of next week. ...
    Dana: Very interested in hearing your report on the new Stonehenge. The old Stonehenge was my favorite paper. I am particularly interested in how easily it clears.

Thank you for testing,
    Neal

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin