Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,724   Online: 781

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Just tried to Lith Oriental Warmtone....

and I was very pleasantly surprised. I was printing an image for a show and wanted to try a glossy paper at the end of my print session...all I had was the Orinetal. Everything I read said that Oriental did not lith but it worked pretty well for me. I tried some of the Oriental neutral and it did not work at all....maybe that is what people are referring to.

I used Rollei/Maco/Labor Partner (not sure who's name is on my current bottle) at about 2/3 the recommended dilution with about 20% old brown. The color was not great....sort of a greenish-brown, but the "lithiness" was as good as the Kentmere warmtone I usually use. I selenium toned it fully and it turned a very nice, deep chocolate brown with a wonderful glossy finish. I'd post it, but it was 11x14 and I can't scan anything that big.....you'll need to trust me (:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    sounds excellent
    you could just scan part of the image so we can see the tone.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Interesting, was it RC or fiber? I have lithed the RC warmtone, got good colors but not much lith effect. Perhaps that was a problem with my soup. Yes, please scan even a portion.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't have a current copy available....the one I did was similar to Emaks my my eye with a litle better shadow details.....it is in a show foe a few. It was all fiber warmtone.....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin