Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,672   Online: 1193

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: POP Paper

Shooter
    Multi Format

Arrival of Answers for a Rival

Perhaps you have been misled?

The paper you have is most likely a contact speed DOP.
    It could be a fine grain-smooth G surface or possibly a Y "silk" texture...
    the difference would be immeadiately obvious.

Expose and dev 2 min in D-52/selectol at 20 C. and let me know how it goes.

Ray

PS
    If you would like to send me a few sample sheets, and get some more info on this paper as well, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlibersky View Post
    I came across 100 sheets of Kodak ARISTO paper ~1970. The box was unopened but did not have any instructions with it. I assumed it was DOP but learned yesterday this is POP. Any information on this paper would be appreciated

I have not used POP before. I know it can be exposed by the sun, but what is the iso of the paper? Can an artificial light expose it? How is it processed once it is exposed? I know it isn't processed in a Developer but it must be fixed, toned and made permanent some how.

Lots of questions, hoping for answers.

Thanks
    Randy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Ray, I will send you a message. I origanlly tried printing it as DOP paper and the best I were mushy prints.

Even in direct sun it takes 25-35 mins to turn a dark purple. My negs were developed for enlarging so they aren't bullet proof.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin