Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,374   Online: 974

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

mixing from powder

Okay, I have looked and can not find anything about mixing powder Pd/Pt. and is it that much of a savings than having B&S mixing it for you.

thanks

mike andersen
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

I charge the same for liquid and powder. But here's the easiest rundown for mixing powder:

Palladium:
    25ml-
    2.5g Palladium Chloride
    1.8g Sodium Chloride (table salt)

100ml-
    10g Palladium Chloride
    7.2g Sodium Chloride

Heat water to near boiling, then add palladium and salt. Stir to mix well. Should completely disolve within 5 minutes.

Platinum:
    25ml-
    5g Potassium Chloroplatinite

100ml-
    20g Potassium Chloroplatinite

Heat water to 90F, add Platinum crystals and stir. Keep the temperature down to help prevent the formation of red needle-like crystals in the bottom of your storage container.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana Sullivan View Post
    I charge the same for liquid and powder. But here's the easiest rundown for mixing powder:

Palladium:
    25ml-
    2.5g Palladium Chloride
    1.8g Sodium Chloride (table salt)

100ml-
    10g Palladium Chloride
    7.2g Sodium Chloride

Heat water to near boiling, then add palladium and salt. Stir to mix well. Should completely disolve within 5 minutes.

Platinum:
    25ml-
    5g Potassium Chloroplatinite

100ml-
    20g Potassium Chloroplatinite

Heat water to 90F, add Platinum crystals and stir. Keep the temperature down to help prevent the formation of red needle-like crystals in the bottom of your storage container.
    Hi Dana,
    I noticed the Pt price has been increased significantly. Do you offer promo discount for group purchase sometime soon? Thanks. TT

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thank you very much Dana,

Is there a formula for the ferric Oxilate
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

We're having a special on Platinum and Palladium, since I've had several people asking. Check out my thread over here:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum253/...ecial-b-s.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin