Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,180   Online: 809

Shooter
    35mm

Cafinol experiment (bleach, weirdness)...

I was out shooting interesting things around the city, and I came across this wonderful house with a bunch of really kitchy statues all around its fence. I took some good pictures, but one of the rolls jammed in the camera 1/3rd of the way through. I decided to "sacrifice" that roll to Cafinol.

I followed the sodium carbonate amount per standard, but wound up just using undrinkably strong folger's pre-ground straight out of the carafe. This brew resulted in waaaay too much fog. Having been as inspired by the "Kill Your Darlings" article as much as the Cafinol ones, I decided to just bleach the crap out of it, re develop it a bit in more Cafinol, and then dry and scan.

EDIT: I used Efke 25, btw...
    Last edited by thebdt; 05-08-2008 at 06:12 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Technical clarifications

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love it, but your attached scan is way too big to fit my 12" screen. Will you please resize it down a bit.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin